Rocktape Functional Movement - Taping Level 1Regular price Dhs. 1,155.00
FMT introduces functional kinesiology taping methods that can improve the movement and performance of patients and clients. It includes a review of current literature supporting the theories that describe and delineate specific techniques of applying kinesiology taping for enhancement of rehabilitation or performance outcomes. Evidence based chapters in this course include topics of technique, theory and practical lab experience in areas such as pain management; edema/swelling control and proprioceptive guidance to enhance postural positioning. Kinesiology taping for scar mobility and symptoms associated with nerve entrapment are introduced in this course.
FMT is an evidence-informed kinesiology taping course that advances students’ understanding of the efficacy of elastic therapeutic taping as a rehabilitation and performance intervention for patient and client conditions ranging from pain mitigation to improving fluid dynamics and sharpening proprioception. FMT Basic methodically examines the research-influenced content basis for a practical framework of ‘taping movement, not muscles’ replacing an outdated model of taping techniques which was focused on directional taping, specific percentages of stretch applied to the tape and the concept of activation or inhibition of muscles.
In this course, you will learn:
- Define and discuss the physiological effects of kinesiology taping on the body
- Demonstrate, via application, functional taping techniques that are specifically designed to influence injury, edema, neurologic conditions, scar and posture
- Demonstrate and discuss how the fascial system functions, and how kinesiology tape interfaces with the mechanical, chemical and neurosensory sub-systems of fascia
- Understand and differentiate fluid dynamics taping applications for acute edema and chronic fluid dysfunction conditions using the jellyfish taping method
- Discover and experiment with various tape application techniques for common musculoskeletal injury conditions such as low back discomfort*, shoulder strains, ankle sprains and post-operative patient/client care
- Demonstrate and apply posture taping applications for correction of common chronic postural deficits of the upper and lower spine regions
- Discuss and interpret kinesiology taping techniques for neurologic entrapment syndromes and scar tissue management
X2.5 rolls of 5cm Tape to be used on the course.