Gray Institute – Active Aging (Online)Regular price Dhs. 2,550.00 Sale price Dhs. 2,290.00
The Active Aging Specialization is an innovative approach to working with the aging client using Applied Functional Science, Principles, Strategies and Techniques. This cutting-edge specialization will complement the evaluative ability as well as exercise utilization skills of the Movement Specialist when working with the Active Aging adult.
The Gray Institute’s Active Aging Specialization prepares the Movement Specialist for testing and training of these individuals as well as aligning the participant with the tools for performance programming.
This online and live course will position you with new eyes for the aging landscape, thereby positioning your outcome success. The participant will learn strategies and techniques in supine, side-lying, sitting , standing and during gait. The information is designed to be applied immediately giving the Movement Specialist knowledge and confidence when working with any diagnosis and activities of daily living.
In this course, you will learn:
- Describe the primary principles that drive function of human movement
- Identify movement compensations and proprioceptive deficits
- Choose appropriate drivers and cues to enhance movement outcomes
- Implement movement strategies based upon functional testing and observation of biomechanics
- Identify the “Gaposis” between functional and non-functional treatment techniques
- Develop a principal based plan of treatment to improve efficiency and effective
ACE 1.30 CECs
ACSM 14 Hours
NASM/AFAA 1.3 CEUs/13 CEUs
NATA-BOC 14 CE Hours
Illinois PTA 13 CE Hours
New York PTA 18.0 CE Hours
Texas PTA 12 CCUs.